Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

AT.JS 2.0.1 Not Reporting Clicked an Element Conversion

Level 3

We upgraded to at.js 2.0.1 on May 15th. Since then, Adobe Target has stopped reporting "clicked an element" conversion events. I've reached out to Adobe Target support and have been told that this is a known issue and is scheduled to be fixed the week of June 3rd.

My question is, are others experiencing the same issue with at.js 2.0.1? If you are, are you just waiting for the fix or have you found a way to capture and report clicks using A4T?

Thanks,

Keith

15 Replies

Employee Advisor

@keithf73253183

Thanks for reaching out. Do you mind getting the internal engineering ticket# and sharing it with us in here so that it can be documented? Thank you!

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 3

I'll ask for the ticket.

I was told to watch https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/release-notes/target-release-notes.html

Is this the first time that this issue has been reported on the forum?

Thanks,

Keith

Employee Advisor

@keithf73253183

Nice to see ya out here in the forums.

I believe the issue that you are facing is similar to: Chrome CORB Blocking Response?

"This issue affects both at.js 1.x click-tracking requests, as well as at.js 2.x display and click-tracking notifications."

Hope that helps!

Employee Advisor

@keithf73253183,

That is a good place to watch those are the release notes. I'm personally curious if an official ticket Jira# has been opened with Engineering in regards to this or not so that I can look over it as well. Thank you!

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee Advisor

@keithf73253183,

Internal ticket#: TNT-32290 is scheduled to be fixed in Target version: 19.5.0 Release date tentative for: Early June. Aaccording to that ticket: Engineering confirmed that all the tracking calls pass through fine and are properly logged on Target side, the only minor problem is that a warning gets logged to the console which should not be there.

Level 3

So, does that point to another issue? Should our banner clicks be reporting?

Thanks,

Keith

Employee Advisor

@keithf73253183,

It could be the same issue or related please confirm via the support ticket thread. Thanks for all the information you have shared with us on the forum here.

Employee Advisor

Hey Keith

Sent over another email regarding the selector modifications for the banner, as well as a follow up question

Hope it helps

Level 1

Hi Keith

Has the July release fixed this issue for you? We still have the same issue, its not fixed. Just wondering if our issue is separate or if the platform release hasn't completely addressed the issue.

Thanks

Michele

Level 3

Hi, Michele.

The AT "clicked on an element" reporting never returned to anything approaching the numbers that we saw before the issue. Our company implemented Adobe Analytics, so I moved to reporting all conversions from there.

I'll track AT element clicks and compare them to AA reporting on our next test and report back.

Thanks,

Keith

Level 1

Hi Keith

Interesting. Thanks for this.

I'll let you know if we  get it  working.

All the best

Michele

Level 1

Hi Keith

We still have this same issue with click tracking not working on at.js v2.x and like you can see it worked fine on at.js v1.7.1. Looks like they released a breaking change.

Are you getting any help from client care? It looks like 1.7.1 is not supported so we somehow need to get Adobe fix it.

Let me know if you have made any progress -

Thanks

Michele

Level 1

Hi Keith

Client Care are saying engineering have found a fix. I don't have a date for 2.2 yet.

Our Engineering team has debugged further into this and they have identified an issue which is caused due to a different workflow in at.js 2.x as compared to 1.x.   The fix for this is slated to be released in the next version of at.js i.e version 2.2.

All the best

Michele

Level 1

Hi Keith

Initial testing indicates that the latest version of at.js 2.2 released last week has fixed our problem.

Best of luck

Michele