Expand my Community achievements bar.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 10/26/22, 8am PT: Enhancements to Target AI Features with Drew Burns, Group Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, October 26th, 2022 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

We'll be joined by Drew Burns (aka @Drburns27)Group Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your questions related to the latest exciting  announcement on Adobe Target's recently enhanced intelligence and control of AI features, and to continue the conversation from his related 10/11/22 Webinar on Fine-Tuning AI-Powered Personalization, Using  New  Features in Adobe Target <~~...

Review these related resources and then bring any and ALL of your follow-up questions here to the thread on Wednesday, October 26th at 8am PT for comprehensive insights, deeper explanations, and strategic suggestions for your unique use cases ~ DIRECTLY from the Adobe Target experts 

[Announcement Blog Post] Adobe Target announces customizing AI-powered personalization for enhancing real-time engagement and...

[Playbook]The Winning Playbook for Experience Personalization: Aligning strategy, people, processes, and techn...This guide provides key stakeholders a 3-phase (embrace, expand, excel) framework to building and maturing a successful personalization program.

[White paper] Adobe® Target Automation: AI-Powered Personalization This white paper is a point of view on when to use Manual, Auto-Allocate, Auto-Target, Automated Personalization and Recommendations capabilities of Adobe Target. Learn how customizing AI-powered personalization models and sharing RTCDP segments and profile attributes for evaluation and decisioning delivers real-time 1-to-1 Personalization to drive specific business goals at scale. 

[eBook] Chef’s Collection: Recipes for Personalization Real stories of personalization success from Adobe Ta... This eBook features numerous customer use cases in an easy-to-digest, cookbook-inspired format. Great for all audiences, this resource provides inspiration to both those who are looking to adopt Target, as well as to those who are looking to expand their Target usage. 

~ REGISTER HERE  ~

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with Drew's Community Username: @Drburns27

DrewBurnsHeadshot[2486].pngDrew Burns is Group Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Target, the industry-leading experience optimization platform, and he has been an evangelist and a practitioner in the personalization and testing space for 15 years.  He works with progressive enterprise companies across industries on building the foundation and maturing their optimization and personalization efforts, strategies and programs leveraging manual and A.I./ML capabilities. At Adobe, he works alongside the leading enterprise companies in retail/e-commerce, travel & hospitality, financial, media & publishing, B2B/ High Tech and other verticals to improve and grow their optimization and personalization efforts, strategies and programs. 

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 9/28/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break with Adobe Target Experts @GentryLin and @bkostak with extra support from @shelbygoff of Adobe Technical Support Engineering. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

19 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Drburns27 

Super exiting to hear about upcoming Target enhancements that will allow access to the Real Time CDP Profile. My company is in the process of implementing AEP but we have historically used AAM + Target (at.js 2.x) to deliver personalised experiences to different audiences.

We are planning a WebSDK migration for Target in the future but currently rely on at.js 2.x for all things Target on web, so I was hoping to clarify a few things for our current state:

1. Can we activate RT-CDP audiences in Target while still using at.js 2.x? (i.e. using the V1 Adobe Target Destination/Connection)
  2. If so, does the type of RT-CDP Segment matter? (i.e. edge, streaming, batch)

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

@Jacob_T1  Great question!  Yes, you can activate RTCDP segments through the historical AAM + Target integration, leveraging at.js 2.x.  EDGE segmentation is a new class of segmentation for RTCDP, and it does require adoption of the AEP WebSDK.  Here is a link, which also provides additional links, with more information: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/integrating-with-rtcdp.html?lang=en 

Level 2

Looking forward to seeing what comes up! As an FYI @Amelia_Waliany , I can't currently access either the "Playbook" or "eBook" links above, just redirects me to a highspot page.

Level 2

I have the same blocker here too (Adobe Field Readiness popup says my email address is not supported for this domain)

Administrator

Hi @johnm1839017, thanks so much for joining us today! And extra extra thanks for taking note and pointing out the need for updated links!! I really appreciate it, as I'm sure your Target Community peers do as well  

Here are the updated links below, and I've also made the updates to the main Discussion post above   

Thanks again and happy you could join us today!

Level 2

Amazing, thank you @Amelia_Waliany - all working now and they look like great materials!

Level 2

@Drburns27 Hi! , thank you for doing this!

We are in our first year of use with Target, so are currently maturing from split tests to experiences.

There has been a business case surfaced for utilizing Target to offer content recommendations to our users on the homepage of one of our news publishing sites.

Do you think Target is suitable for this business case over a more traditional content recommendation engine? - and if so, do you have any tips and tricks?

Thank you very much!

Employee Advisor

@johnm1839017 Great question!  Yes you can use our out-of-the-box collaborative filtering algorithms ("If this then that") related to other articles that have been viewed or consumed by other similar visitors.  There is also an out-of-the-box content similarity algorithm that leverages Jacard and does not require behavioral data to be collected.  Instead, it compares the metadata of content in the feed to show similar content related to the articles currently being viewed by a visitor.  Content similarity is especially useful when you are rapidly adding content to a publishing site.  You can also leverage a profile-based algorithm, "Recommended For You", which takes into account the full browsing history of a visitor to show a broader display of relevant content across visits.  You can set business rules related to thresholds and customize all of these algorithms, you can also sequence them, and optimize the algorithm and placement based on the metrics you are driving.  And finally you can bring your own algorithm - upload your own custom key in a CSV file and customize/optimize it within Target. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/algorithms.html?lang=e... 

Level 1

Hi @drburnsTarget27 ,

My organization is at a nascent stage of Target utilization with AB/XT testing to learn and test web optimization opportunities. We have faced a few pitfalls, can you guide me?

1. Due to low engagement on certain areas of the website the tests show a long execution time on sample size calculator.

2. What if I don't reach the 95% confidence level? can I conclude with 75% or more?

Thanks!

Employee

Hi Saswati31

I would not recommend to conclude on 75%. The minimum I would possibly consider is 90%. Make sure your different experiences are DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT i.e. have a very high contrast as this will help to distinguish between signal and noise --> not pepsi VS. coke but pepsi VS. penguins 

I the test is running on a templated page (ex. product details page) you might want to consider to aggregate ALL pages that use this template in order to obtain more traffic.

Regards

Nicolas

Employee Advisor

@Saswati31 Great questions!  I would suggest using the Auto-Allocate radio button in the second stage of your A/B test set-up when you have lower traffic or want speedier results.  It leverages a multi-armed bandit algorithm to drive more traffic to the best performing variation within a test, requiring less traffic and delivering higher lift.  It also has patented technology that will call when 95% confidence is reached, so it operates like a standard A/B test.  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/auto-allocate/automated-traffic-allo.... You can call a test completed at whatever statistical confidence threshold is acceptable within your organization, with the caveat that at lower levels of confidence, you are introducing more potential for false positives.  Here is an excellent article on potential pitfalls: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/abtest/common-ab-testing-pitfalls.ht... 

Level 1

@Drburns27 How does maintenance work when Target is fully integrated in AEM? For example, if you had copy updates to a page with 2 or 3 different experiences - could they be done by a content author who does not have extensive Target training?

Employee Advisor

@amy-aug Great question!  Stay tuned for Adobe Summit 2023 for more integrated use of Target for rapid experimentation within AEM, but it should be fairly easy for a content author to make changes within a Target activity through toggling into the Adobe Target user interface and selecting the pertinent activity.  The visual experience composer is very intuitive for content authors, or they could even build their own activity fairly easily.  Experience League is a great way to train up a content author to be able to access and build Target activities.  Companies looking to expand to personalization at scale should leverage these bite-sized videos and tutorials to rapidly train stakeholders throughout divisions of an organization to assist with building and executing tests and personalization activities.  Obviously, a center of excellence or central stakeholder who manages and prioritizes these activities is best practices.  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target.html 

Level 2

@Drburns27 with Adobe Target becoming more crucial to the business to deliver experiences orchestrated and designed using CJA and AJO and leveraging AI/ML too, is there a best practice to ensure as close to 100% delivery rate without any network failures by Adobe Target?

Employee Advisor

@maccg12 Thank you for this question!  Adobe Target is supported by a global EDGE network which is built to scale to transient spikes (during peak times like Cyber Monday/Black Friday without performance degradation) and supports the largest websites in the world.  Adobe Target is being used by 70%+ of the Fortune 100 companies currently, and the global EDGE network means that we can handle 8 billion plus calls per day with redundancies and safeguards built in for high performance throughout different geographical locations in the world.  Here is a security whitepaper with more information on our infrastructure: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/trust-center/ungated/whitepapers/experience-cloud/adobe-targ... 

Administrator

Hi @Drburns27 , thanks so much for joining us in the Target Community today!

This Question was posted by Target Community user Sek_23:

Can we set up alerts for Adobe Target Activities on a high level instead of individual campaign level ?: 

On average we usually launch 5 to 6 Target activities per week and 25+ a month. we have set up alerts on a campaign basis but it ends up in lot of alerts and difficult to monitor the anomalies in the Target activity impressions, if there is any spike or some activity was disabled accidentally we need to identify them asap.

Link to original question

Employee Advisor

@Sek_23 Yes, we just announced the release of notifications within Adobe Target leveraging Pulse 2.0, which allows for alerts within the UI and notifications via email for activities launch, issues and results.  You can also leverage tools like www.Miaprova.com  and https://www.brooksbell.com/illuminate/  which are built on Target APIs and provide further governance tools including A4T support.

Employee Advisor

Just a reminder: please click on the links to both our announcement on customizing AI-powered personalization activities in Target as well as the corresponding collateral for rich, detailed content on delivering personalization at scale in real-time leveraging all that Adobe Target has to offer!