Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Adobe Target Cloud

Level 10

Hi,

In typical implementation of any project, we have DEV, System Integration, UAT and Prod Environments.

Adobe offers Adobe Target on Cloud as  a SAS.

Is this cloud the same for all those environments or we have a separate cloud for each of these environments?

If it is the same, it could lead to data discrepancies, as a lot of test data may be created for development and testing and that could disturb the UAT and Prod.

While a separate cloud for each of these environments would be a clean solution.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

6 Replies

Level 10

Someone kindly respond ASAP.

I need the answer  very urgently.

Appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Administrator

Hi Rama, thanks for your question! You may find this article on Hosts and this article on Integrating Adobe Target with the Marketing Cloud useful as you learn more around this topic. Hope this helps!

Level 2

Hi Amelia,

Just wanted to clarify whether I got the documentation correct regarding the Hosts.

1. Based from the documentation, any inactive activity is suppose to be visible only on non-production env hence I presume Dev and Staging.
  2. The activity will only be visible to production once it status is set to "active".

Question:

How do we control to make an inactive activity shall be visible only to either Dev or Staging? This i presume the case for promoting from Dev to Staging during development.

Thanks in advance.

Employee Advisor

homerfv

You can designate that you want active and inactive activities to show up on a per environment basis. Here is how you woudl do that:

1. Navigate to: Target > Setup > Hosts > Environments

2. In here hover over the Environment in question (Staging or Dev) and then click on the Pencil icon to edit

3. For the "Activity mode" option select the following in the drop-down: "Active and Inactive"

See screenshot below. I hope this helps.

_1._active_inactive.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee Advisor

homerfv​   

You are very welcome remember to mark the answer as correct so we can track things properly. Hope you have a great day!

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335