Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

xfa.host.setfocus -- to an object e.g. picture or static text etc?

Level 4

I can get the setfocus to target another input field - but can work out how (or if it can) to get it to focus the screen to an image or static text component.

The path selecton tool in the script panel just stays that impassive red circle

issue arises as selections from radio group opens largish subform with focus set to it's first field - and given layout radio list is lost out the top of the screen (as it were) so we put in a "made the wrong choice? click here to go back" style of button on the top of each subform -

as the radio button selection displays the subfields using the radiobuttons as the target does not work (get into an event loop)

so we need something else to target off the go back - i was hoping the title graphic image or static text but cant work it out

i though the documentation said focus could do images but i cant get it to,

thanks for any pointers/code line

3 Replies

Level 4

OK a down and dirty workaround

we have put a button on the screen - made it see through and are targeting that - but i'd still be keen to know how to target an object - say a picture?

thanks guys

Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you can focus on static objects (static text, static images).

I think the down and dirty workaround is your best option. Maybe make the button very small (0.01in) and you can always place a static image (icon) over it to mask the button.

N.

Former Community Member

Make sure you are using an image field and not justa static image.

Paul