Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Writing Data to Datasource through Flex web services

Level 1

Hello,
I am currently working on a small Flex application to read and write data from a different program (connected to an underlying data source) using web services and a WSDL and all that. I have the read portion functioning fine, however I can find absolutely no resources clearly discussing how to update data and write it back to its source; the only information I can find just shows how to read from a data source.
Would anybody be able to point me to a good resource that shows how to write data back to a data source, or be able to give me some functioning code to accomplish this?  I realize that writing to different sources might differ in different contexts, but I'd just like to get a feel for how I should be going about doing this.
(Also, if someone could explain to me how/where the different parameters that a webservice operation takes are listed in a WSDL I would greatly appreciate it).
I cannot post the code I have tried so far as it is on a different computer that I do not currently have access to.

I am new to this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

0 Replies