Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

workflow process with multiple signatures

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have a form with 3 signatures. Initially, user will fill the form, sign it & submit it. Then it reaches manager with additional fields (comments & signature field). He will enter comments and sign it. Then it goes to HR and he signs it and the final form would go to employee with all the three signatures.

I tried implementing it this way.

1. User submits it as PDF.

2. Export XDP data from inputPDF in process using exportData service.

3. Use setValue service to change some flags. (this enables Manager fields to show on form)

4. Merge inputPDF with XDP using importData service.

5. Reader extend inputPDF document.

6. Inject FormBridge.

7. Assign Task (selected use a Document Variable)

Am I missing something in this process. I'm looking for a sample process who implemented this. This must be a generic requirement and I'm not finding it in any samples.

I want to upload my lca so that you can check where it went wrong. Please show me the pointers for uploading attachments in forums.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris

3 Replies

Level 8

You didn't explain the problem but I suspect it's that the signature isn't working.  You can't go from PDF back to XDP and expect the signature to be valid.  When the signature is taken it creates a hash of the PDF and is stored in the PDF.  You have to stay with the PDF.

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

Sorry about that.

Problem - nothing is hapenning when I click submit button on workspace.

Without switching to XDP, how can we update the flags of xml? Because I have to make the manager fields visible based on flags when form goes to next level.

I tried this process and the signature is coming well on the form.

I'm looking for the missing piece. (I have process fields and form bridge on the form).

Kindly advise if there is a better practice in implementing these kind of scenarios.

Thanks,

Kris