Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why does SOAP Request in certified pdf results in NotAllowedError?

Former Community Member

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to make a SOAP request from a certified PDF. The certificate used is Adobe rooted. But when I do Net.SOAP.request(...) I get an error saying : "NotAllowedError: Security setting prevent access to this property or method".

I am using Adobe Reader 8.x. The reader has Javascript enabled and also via Document -> Manage Trusted Identities I have selected all trusts including "Embedded high privilege JavaScript" for this certificate.

What do you think have I missed here? Your advice or any pointer will be very helpful.

Thanks

Samuel

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Samuel

Just a guess, but it may be related to the "permissions" you assigned to the document as part of the certification.  There are three levels...

No Changes Allowed

Allow Form Filling and Signing

Allow Form Filling, Signing and Annotations.

Also, has the document been "Reader Extended"?  A PDF must have "Reader Extensions" applied to it to allow for Web Service calls to be made from the form when the form is vieng viewed in reader.  If possible test your form in Acrobat Professional, if your JavaScript works, then you know the issue is due to the lack of Reader Extensions.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve, thanks for your interest and response.

The certificate has form fill-in, signing & page adding actions enabled. Yes, the document is "Reader Extended" as well.

The befuddling thing is the SOAP request goes through fine for un-certified pdf. The error results only when the pdf is certified.

Regards

Samuel

Former Community Member

Samuel

It may be that the error you are receiveing is valid and that SOAP calls are prevented by certification.  You should check with Adobe support if possible to confirm.

Regards

Steve