Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Where has LiveCycle gone?

Level 2

Hi

I have recently subscribed to the Creative Cloud and installed Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, BUT Livecycle is missing!?

I do have a full version of Acrobat Pro X, but the install package will not let me install over the top of Acrobat Pro XI?

I have many, many PDFs developed with LC! How do I get it back?

Andrew GRAY
25 Replies

Level 1

Our institution, had licensing for Adobe Acrobat from version 5 through XI separately from CS / CC. We had to get in touch with our re-seller and with their help we were able to get the one-time free upgrade from Adobe for LiveCycle. Upgrade Adobe Designer | Acrobat XI

Level 1

Congratulations Adobe.  Poor marketing move.  After reading these posts I will not be migrating to the newest version of Adobe.  I require LC and I am not going to upgrade and lose it.

Level 1

I just found the same thing happened to me. I went to find Livecycle designer after going from Adobe Acrobat X to XI and now Livecycle is gone. No message no warning just gone

Level 1

I am tired of this kind of thing happening in all software programs I am using.  In recent years the tactic is to break down the programs and start selling off important functions as an upgrade in the new versions.  It makes you wonder how much they were paid to dumb down their program for the sake of increasing the market share of their competitors.  Bluebeam ?  Remember Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended?  It had a short life because it was too good.  So they started stripping it down. 

Level 1

I followed the posts before making my original post 2 years ago but was told the deadline had passed.  Odd that your suggestion to follows my post.  Perhaps you didn't know they had already stopped when you made this post?