Expand my Community achievements bar.

Web based application form filling

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a web based application to let people fill different types of forms on the web. I will have around 60 forms and those will be edited by someone who is not a developper but by using LiveCycle. After what I would like to do is be able to fill this form with some data who come from a data base and when the user is done with the form export it to another area of the data base.

Do you think that I will have to do a small program for all my forms or i can do one who will apply to every forms?

Does anybody how to do that?

Thanks for your help

12 Replies

Level 10

This is bit difficult because you need to make the field names common across all forms... this should be applicabale to no. of fields also...

Another way: you can use iText API to process all the pdf's received..

Still i don get your actual requirements clearly... so this is just a rough idea..

Thanks,

Nith

Level 3

My needs are really large right now because I just start my researcha and I don't really know where to start so any idea is good to take , I think

Level 2

Nith,

I am doing something quite similar but not that intense. I have 3 forms that are accessed through a web application as a part of a package. So If the user logs in and select to sign up forms related to Package 1, he/she will be required to fill out each form. Now I have an issue: each user will generate a unique transaction number to identify and link each forms. Now I will pass this value from the web application...is there a way to send this value to the pdf form when the user opens the first form to fill out? So if the transaction number is let s say 100 that value is used to link all the forms with that users session and its passed to the first pdf form?

Can you please help me out to a solution?

Thanks in advance

Level 10

Try to use web service call on initialize event of the form.. This will help

you to receive and display the Seq No from the server..

If unclear, i am ready to assist you further,

Nith

Level 3

Before everything as I just start with adobe creation do you know if somewhere there are the program to call from a webpage the acrobat reader and how to open a pdf with that?

Thanks

Level 2

I will love your assistance...this number will be saved to a session variable in asp.net; to be shared among different aspx pages..now how do you use web service to retrieve this value? Whats the code that should be on the initialize event?

Level 3

Hey guys,

I just would like to know how you get your forms on a web page first?

Level 10

manu,

I am just curious about your question now.

If you place a pdf file in your web apps directory (say http://localhost:1234/mywebapp/test.pdf) it will be available for you..

What's wrong with that??

Nith

Level 10

Hi,

You have the Random/Sequence number ready with aspx pages.. Now why don't you create a web service in same application and expose this number??

And in the form, just create a Data Connection and read this value...

If you are new to the form design, pls refer the  documention on creating Data Connections... If you don have the documentation, i would send you the one which i have..

Nith

Level 3

That's I get it but I wanna open a given named pdf file which will be on a server and this pdf will be done by a filling form so I don't know If I have to create a page who call something special or not

Level 2

I have gone ahead and created the web service that exposes this number..and created a data connection to the web service on the form..now how do you retrieve this number from the web service to lets say to be stored in a text box?

Thanks in advance.

Former Community Member

In the Data View expand the node that refers to the Ouput of the Web Service. You should see the parameter you want there. Now drag and drop it onto the field where you want it displayed. This will create an Execute binding for you (not the same as the input/output bindings used for data files). Now when you run the web service the returned value will be bound to the field.

Paul