Expand my Community achievements bar.

Visible (Screen Only) not working properly

Level 4

This seems like it should be such and easy thing to figure out, yet I cannot understand why, when I print the form, it still prints. Can someone troubleshoot this one for me please? Here's my form:

https://acrobat.com/#d=Bktug5D4t0vBOcim5z2AQA

The field that is set to Visible (Screen Only) is the dropdown field "Reason". But it still prints.

Thanks!

Jo

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

the property "visible (screen only)" is only available for forms with target version 8.0 or higher.

Your form is set to 7.0.5.

Also, you set the event model to "Legacy (Version 6)" which is another reason.

Here's new version.

https://acrobat.com/#d=RmSVeeAvoc3t3jei2d8nCA

Level 4

Thank you radzmar! I never would have thought to check those settings!

While the form you modified works great, and I appreciate you posting that, can you explain how you went about making these changes? I'd like to know in case this happens again in the future to any of my other forms. I thought I figured out how to do it but it isn't working on my original form.

In LC, I went into Form Properties, and under Defaults, I changed my original form's Target Version to 8.0 or later (also tried 8.1 or later).

I then went under Compatibility and changed the Event Model back to Version 7.

After making these two changes on my original form and resaving the form as a dynamic pdf, it still isn't working...the Visible (Screen Only) field still prints. Is there something else you have to do?

Thanks,

Jo

Level 10

I could not solve the mystery in your form ... it possibly was damaged in some way.

I simply did a copy and paste into a new file.

Level 4

Oh ok. That is strange! Well thank you once again and if I ever encounter this again, I'll know what I need to do!

Jo

Level 2

I was having this same issue, and after reading this post, tried the following...

1) Changing the version of my document to v8.

Result: this didn't work.  Objects marked "visible: screen only" still print.

2) Creating a NEW form in v8.  Copying and pasting the objects from my previous form in this form.

Result:  this works.  Objects marked "visible: screen only" still print.

So based on this little experiment, and the previous posts here, I think it is safe to say that the document must be created as v8 right from the start.   Simply changing the version of a pre-v8 form will not work.

Level 1

I know this thread is a few months old but I was able to change the default version in form properties and then I just saved it as a new file.  This resolved my issue without having to copy everything from the original file to a new file.