Expand my Community achievements bar.

Validation test before the signature process

Level 1

Hi All,

In my form, i have a validation button and a signature. As usual, the user first needs to validate the form, then the signature appears and he can click on it.

But i need now to do one additional validation, when the user will click on the signature (one field can be empty when the validation part is done by clicking the validation button, but this field must be filled in order to sign the form).

I know the "preSign" event, and it would be perfect for my case, but the problem is that my form needs to be used with Acrobat version 8 and 9, and this event is not compatible with version 8. So i thought to place an "invisible" button just on the signature field; this button would do the validation test, and if it's ok, i launch the signature process. But the problem is, i absolutely don't know how to launch this process with a script. I have looking for this case on internet during 3 hours, and i don't find the solution. We can't use "SignatureField.execevent("click")".

Have someone an idea for my issue? perhaps we have an equivalent for "preSign" compatible with Acrobat 8? I'm tired of wasting time on this case :-(

For info, i'm using LiveCycle Designer ES2. Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Replies