Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Using maildoc Pull data for cCc: line

Level 2

I am almost finished with a project however; i am running into problem with my mailto Script see below

var

oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc({

bUI

: false,

cTo

: "rhernandez@test.com",

cCc

: + E1.rawValue +, + E2.rawValue +, + E3.rawValue +,

cSubject

: "Termination for " + EmpFirstName.rawValue + " " + EmpLastName.rawValue + ". ",

cMsg

: "IT Department " + ReqFName.rawValue + " " + ReqLName.rawValue + " has issued a termination of " + EmpFirstName.rawValue + " " + EmpLastName.rawValue + " Effective on " + EmpStartDate.rawValue

})

the cCc: field is not pulling the data from the text field, i have tried multiple times do i have my syntax wrong? or is this even possiable.

2 Replies

Level 10

mailDoc function was populating the CC Email address. So you can try with the "mailto:" option..

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:"+ strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage;

Replace the variables above with your form data.

You can place this code in either Click event of a normal Button or preSubmit event of a Submit button.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/589773

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

i would like to keep using the maildoc way. instead of the mailto

the document that i am working on is very complex and changing the java script would be an ultimalte last resort.

do you know how to do using the maildoc method? i can get the document to email w/o the cCc line of code.

The cCc: was a last min decision by others. I have looked at other examples but all those methodes fail when i try them.

Thanks in advance