Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using checkbox to show/hide items in a form

Level 2

Form.jpg

Newbie to livecycle. I have a Livecycle form that has three sections on it. On the top section I have a checkbox that says Show/Hide. When I click the checkbox I would like for the items under section titled "Cover Required" to be rolled up and hidden while the other sections below it move up. How can I make this work? Also I wanted to attach the form to this forum, but not sure how to do that. Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi,

Your 'cover required' section you want to hide will probably be realised as a subform that contains other (possibly nested) subforms. To 'roll up' this subform you need to set it as 'hidden' dependent on the selection of your checkbox. Just a view hints on possible implementations of this behavious.

1 Create a reference to your subform. The code could look something like:

var myCoverReqSubform = xfa.resolveNode("rootSubForm.CoverRequiredSubform"); //either absolute (from root form) or relative path to your                                                                                                                             // subform is required to resolve the subform.

2 Set your subform as hidden when the checkbox is selected. This can be done in a change event of the form:

<event activity="change" name="event__change">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

var myCoverReqSubform = xfa.resolveNode("rootSubForm.CoverRequiredSubform");

if (checkbox.rawValue == 1) {

myCoverReqSubform.item(i).presence = 'hidden';

}

</script>

</event>

You can find further implementation details on various other posts in this forum, this is only to get you started.

Hope that helps.

Regards