Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using app.openDoc with LC field as path

Level 1

Using LC ES2, Acrobat X.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  Synopsis:  I have a LC form that I use to import parent/child XML data. This form is a report, but it is basically a summary of a group of PDFs that I send off to my clients (on CD).  Each child record has a field containing the name of its corresponding PDF file.  I have been trying my best to make a link that will open the child file in a new Acrobat window.  I've used app.openDoc, but cannot seem to pass my field into the cPath. I've even tried using the "address" of the field containing the path. Example:

I've tried the device independent paths as well as just "filename.pdf", where both source and targets were in the same folder.

I thought one of my attempts was going to work, but I got the "NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method." message in the debugger.

This brings me to disclosed=true.  Is is still the case that all of the target PDFs that I am linking to need to have this property set?  Or, am I missing something alltogether here?

0 Replies