Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

User Task is not Created

Level 7

We have recently run into an issue where the user task doesn't get created and the process is still in running status. The strange part the operation doesn't stall. It's just sitting there with no task created.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Aditya

10 Replies

Level 3

Wow how about that I just posted the same exact thing as you were typing.  Deleted my discussion to add it to this one.

------------

Hi All,

This is something I run into frequently and I was hoping someone might have a solution to the problem or a way to at least get a taskid associated for the process.

In this example 220023_Handler is my main process and the operation "Bridge Survey Review" is an "Assign Task" where the process is going to need user action.  My process shows as running and the operation shows itself as running, it just simply seems hung where it should create a task and assign it to the appropriate user.  You cannot retry this operation it just says "This operation cannot be completed without the selection of one or more operations from the list below!" even though I had the operation I wanted to retry checked.

I really don't know what to do at this point to jump start LiveCycle to make the task it should have made already.  Has anyone come across this and found a solution?

Screenshot.jpg

Level 7

JT01 - This is really co incidental. Is your environment clustered?

I also realised, that this happens intermittently in our environment. It would be good if Adobe could shed some light.

Aditya

Level 3

No cluster.  Running Jboss, Oracle, on a windows 2003 server.

Level 7

What patches are applied on your server?

Our clustered environment, currently has ES2 on Windows 2008, Jboss and SQL Server, with the following patches

SP2

9.0.0-COR-2.213

Aditya

Level 3

I am unforunately not the serveradmin and don't know all of the patches applied.  I know we are at SP3 though, and patch version shows as 3.19.

Level 7

Does this issue occur with all processes?

Aditya

Level 3

I can't say all but that might just be from dumb luck.  I've certainly noticed it on most of my more active processes.  You?

Level 7

We haven't noticed this in all running processes. It's tempramental. Hopefully someone has seen this happen and has a solution.

Aditya

Level 7

JT01 - Did you figure out the cause of this behavior? We discovered that this happens when clustering is turned on..

We are still waiting on Adobe's response.

Aditya

Level 3

Hi Aditya,

I have not yet figured out what is causing my behavior.  Turning off clustering worked for you?  As I do not have a cluster I cannot attempt that!  I have a case open with Adobe about this issue and something else related, if I get a resolution I will certainly share it.