Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

User entered info used in headers on pages AFTER FIRST

Level 2

Using the Adobe dunning notice example, I learned how to make a second master page and have that apply to all pages after the first. On the first page I have fields for first/middle/last name, and in the header in the second master page I have first/last/middle name fields, and I want this new header to appear on all subsequent pages and be populated with the info from the first page.

I tried with both action builder (when the field is exited, I set the value of the field in the header to the original field's value) and formcalc (this.rawValue = fieldname.rawValue in the calculate event), but both times it only copied the data into the SECOND page, and not the 3rd.

My hierarchy is currently

form1

-master page

--page1 (first page style, no header)

--restofpages (header+modified content area)

-subform1 (contains fields for name/address and other info)

-subform2 (forced to 'top of next content area, has placeholder field)

-subform3 (forced to 'top of next content area, has placeholder field)

The header appears on page 2 and 3, but when I fill in info on page 1, only page 2 copies the info. Page 3 remains empty. Why?

Thanks.

Edit: Added a picture. You can see the first page and the top of the second - the header is appearing just fine. There's a 3rd page too, just like that. But when I preview it (or save as pdf and edit in acrobat) and fill in data in Last Name, First Name, or Middle, the data only gets copied to the second page.

snap026.jpg

1 Reply

Former Community Member

If you can forward the form to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com I can take a look.

Steve