Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trying to get a handle on the flow for the “Set Focus” code

Level 5

Good Day All;

With help (a lot) from djaknow I was able to the setfocus working on a form I created. Then I went ahead and created more sub forms and tables. It seems that I may have not completly understood the flow for the "Set Focus". Below is the hierarchy of the form I am working on. I would appreciate any help with this. This is the set focus code I am using.

xfa.host.setFocus(form1.requester_info.Table3.Table2.Table4.new_req.Table5.Row2.r_new);

Form1

Master Pages

Page1

Requester_info

(T+)Header

Table3

Row1

DateTimefield

(T+)Cell2

TextField

Table2

Row1

r_name

r_section

r_phone

StaticText1

Table4

Row1

r_new

r_change

r_remove

StaticText2

New_req

StaticText3

Table5

Row1

(T+)Cell1

(T+)Cell2

Row2

r_new

d_new

Thanks all

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Chomp,

Try this. Click in the field you're going to be exiting, click inside the script editor and ctrl + click on the Row2.r_new field. This will resolve the path for you.

Former Community Member

Are you trying to put the cursor into a field that is inside a newly created subform - added through an addInstance command?

Paul

Level 5

Thanks djaknow;

Your tip to find the path works like a charm. It came up with

xfa.resolveNode("form1.requester_info.new_req.Table5.Row2.r_new"), Nice

I replaced this line with

Xfa.host.setFocus(form1.requester_info.new_req.Table5.Row2.r_new);

I added this to the “click” event for the checkmark object. Believe it or not. This did not work.

I then removed this from the “click” event and added it to the “initialize” event. It worked.

Now I am way confused. I took a look at the java script console and the only thing it will show is the following with no other messages

Acrobat JavaScript Debugger Functions Version 7.0

Acrobat Database Connectivity Built-in Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Wizard Functions Version 8.0

Acrobat Multimedia Version 8.0

Acrobat SOAP 8.0

Level 5

Hello pguerett;

No, I thought what I was trying to do was sort of straight forward. It started out that I wanted to have the cursor placed in the first field when the form was opened. From there If you clicked on one of the 3 check boxes the cursor would focus in the text field that relates to the check box. From this point I wanted to hide any field that were not required by the user. In other words, when the user clicked on the check box, the related text field would become visible (was hidden) and the cursor would be placed in the text field.

I am now at the point of getting the cursor to focus on the text box releated to the check mark selected.

Hope this makes sense.

Chomp

Former Community Member

For getting the cursor into the 1st field on start up that is not as straight forward as it seems. I have added a sample to show you. The code is on the DocReady event of the form1 object.

For putting the cursor into another field when the checkbox is clicked then you are going about it the right way. Check the javascript console for syntax errors.

Paul

Level 5

Thanks djaknow and  pguerett. The first part of this is working like a charm thanks to both of you.

I have run into a new issue which I will do a new post as this question has been answered.

Chomp