Expand my Community achievements bar.

to Turn off of or set auto complete feature in Adobe reader 8 through LC designer

Former Community Member

Hi i am developing the XDP through LC designer . After renering the PDF through form server if i open the PDF in adobe reader 8 it pop up message saying auto complete . I dont want to dispaly the pop up message iwhile opening the PDF in reader 8 . So Please provide scripts or some alternative to set in the XDP side to set the auto complete eature to off

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you can script for this feature (could be wrong). It is in the Acrobat/Reader preference, so turning on an off may be a security issue or affect the users experience opening other forms.

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I am able to view and submit  properly a in adobe reader 9 but if i open in adobe reader 8 , if i entered the value in the text field then prees tab its asking about auto complete feature then if i select "yes " automatically what the value i entered previously that saved in all the fields and it  creating problem in the validation . If i press tab and moved to numeric field but that field has some default value what i entered in the first field . so how to aviod this one .

Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that the auto complete feature is turned on in Reader 8 (and off in Reader 9).

Open Reader 8 and go the preferences:

Acrobat11.png

Make sure auto complete is turned off.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Yes correct . But how to 'off' that auto complete feature through code

because user can click yes or no when opening the PDF in online

Level 10

Hi,

I don't think you can script to turn this feature off. I think it is part of the Reader preferences of the user.

Maybe some one else may have a solution, but I can't think of any.

Good luck,

Niall