Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Text Field Maximum Font Size

Level 1

I'm Trying make an editable flyer on pdf and editing it in Live Cycle my problem is i cannot make the text field larger than font 72pt. I already tried almost everything and im losing hope now. I already tried editing the xml source but when i try making more than 72 the font crashes back to a smaller font. Can anybody please Help me. What was really the maximum text field font size.

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi jiggzzz,

i have tried changing the font size in your pdf file and its working.

select the text field, go to font pallete edit the Size field value by entering value directly as 100.

FYI : i am using Adobe Livecycle Designer 8.0.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for responding to my question.

Yes you can actually see the font changes to a much bigger size than 72pt,

but if you try to save it and view it in acrobat 8 the font will crash back to a much smaller value.

Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue. The text field tool does not seem to allow a font size larger than 72pt. You can set the value larger than 72pt, but the program will not recognize it when it converts to .pdf. The .pdf preview and the .pdf file created do not have a larger font size, it seems LiveCycle 8.0 is defaulting back to a smaller size. Has anyone discovered a fix for this or maybe a workaround? I need a file that has a 120pt font size that can be edited by other users in the .pdf format.

Thanks.

Level 1

I doubt you're still working on the same project anymore, but for future reference (unless anyone replies with a better solution) I'm building my file in Acrobat. I set up the layout and background in InDesign, exported to .pdf and then used the text field tool in Acrobat to create my field. Acrobat doesn't have the bug that LiveCycle has. Best of luck.

Level 1

It has been a few years.. but I recently had the same issue.

My work arround; Enable "Rich text" instead of "Plain text only".

Then type your text in for example "Word" as big as you'd like it. Then Copy - Paste.

Hopefully this helps the people that encouter this issue in the future as well.