Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Table constrants?

Level 2

I have a table that has an add row button, which is working as expected. I have additional drop down list and text field objects below the table, when adding a row by clicking the add row button the row is added but the drop down list and text field objects remain in there placed position.

Is there a way to have them shift down when I click the add row button?

Thanks,
Todd

4 Replies

Level 10

Probably the Dropdown and TextField objects are not placed inside the cell of the row you are trying to add at run time..

You can check this by looking at the heirarchy of your form. If they are part of the Row, then they both should appear below the Row1 in the Heirarchy.

If you still have issues, you can post the heirarchy image in the forum so it can help.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thanks Srini,

I don't want the drop down as part of the table, needs to be seperated. I need the drop down to shift down when a row is added to the table by ckicking the Add Row button.

Thanks,
Todd

1.png

Level 10

If you want the dropdown to be always below the Table, then you need to set the Page Subform to be Flowed. That way when you add a new row into the Table, the bottom fields will be pushed down..

Take a copy of the form before you change the setting to Flowed, because it will rearrange the fields.

To have a consistent look, First, wap the fields above the Table into a subform. Then wrap the fields (dropdown and TextField) that you want to appear below the table into a Subform.

Then change the Page1 subform to be Flowed.

Save the form as Dynamic PDF form..

Let me know if you still have issues..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thanks Srini,

I'll give this a try and let you know.

Thanks,
Todd