Expand my Community achievements bar.

System/form is not considering my selection!

Level 8

Hello

I have put the CURRENT DATE object (say, caption is "today") from CUSTOM tab of pallette and i have selected CALCULATED - USER CAN OVERRIDE (my selection) from the value tab of object pallette.

Now my impression is that: The form's today field will be defaluted with CURRENT DATE and if user want to override it then the system/form is allows.

But, its not happening! Form is launched with current date on the today field, but GREYED OUT!!

Pls. let me know do i am missing some setting? or do i need to put some Script? if so, pls. let me know that Script and event name?

Thank you

4 Replies

Level 7

Just use a normal calendar field and put in the docReady event (in formcalc):

$.rawValue = num2date(date(), DateFmt(1))

That will give you the current date and then allow people to change it if they want.

Level 8

Thank you, now i will try it out.

And my form is global (US and Europe, where in date FORMATS are differnent), so pls. let me know if i put this code, does it will take care of user's LOCAL date format?

or do i need to do some thing(Script / settings) more?

Thank you

Level 7

I haven't tested this but I think if you set the Locale (in the Object/Field palette) to 'viewer's system locale' it should adjust automatically.

Level 8

Fine, actually i want to try, but i can not change(greyed out) my laptop (date)settings bcz the laptop is from my working company, hence am not sure i can test both US and Europe scenarios!

Thank you