Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

super administrator password does not work anymore

Former Community Member

because of this i did allready rebootstrap the livecycle (win server 2003, turnkey) and i could login with password = password.

i have changed the password = letters, numbers, and a ? character. and did successfully login with it.

the next day i tried but again i get: User name and password do not match.

i did allready try to reset it via mysql: UPDATE adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity, adobe.edcprincipaluserentity SET  password = 'TXScDjEEQCzWccUMUdf8wijx/hE=', salt =  'JNIBnmos3d0WE9W8oquFIQ==' WHERE  adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity.refuserprincipalid =  adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.id and adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.uidstring =  'administrator';

but still no progress.

is there a known issue with passwords?

E

ps: i am the only admin/user and nobody could change the password as i did not give it to anybody.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

did reinstall the whole thing again. intentionaly left there the default password. same issue again, i cant get in.

any news?

E

Former Community Member

I faced a similar kind of issue when using Content Services.

Are you by any chance using the review and commenting service then please read below,

I Initiated a review in Content Services and opened the PDF related.
The PDF in review initiating mode asks to connect to the server.
Post the connection, the Acrobat Tracker comes up.
This tracker polls for new comments in every 1 Hour.
The strange thing about this tracker is that it hits the LiveCycle server with the Windows Credentials.
My window's machine credentials are Administrator/XYZ, while the default LC credentials are Administrator/password.
So, the tracker tries to authenticate and hence gets you locked every hour.
The only way to get out of this is to configure the Acrobat Tracker to poll Never(Goto Acrobat->Edit->Preferences->Tracker->Automatically Check For New Comments And Form Data)

Former Community Member

thank you did setup adobe acrobat as you described, but i think it will not be the issue because:

mysql> select islocked, isdisabled, countauthfailure,reasonfordeactivation

from adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity, adobe.edcprincipaluserentity

where adobe.edcprincipallocalaccountentity.refuserprincipalid =  adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.id

and adobe.edcprincipaluserentity.uidstring =  'administrator';

+----------+------------+------------------+-----------------------+
| islocked | isdisabled | countauthfailure | reasonfordeactivation |
|        0 |          0 |                0 | NULL                  |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

so it does not seem its locked or deactivated.

even the count of auth failures does not change, even after typing something else as password...

Level 1

I also had a problem with this after installing SP1.  Here's what I discovered.  The User ID appeared to be case-sensitive.  I couldn't log in correctly after the install and I didn't know the cause.  Finally, I tried entering 'Administrator' with initial cap which worked for me. After getting in successfully once, it seems to work OK again with lower case 'administrator'.  Don't ask me why.