I have discovered a problem with a form I created several months ago. I have a list of names for people to choose from. The selection then controls a submit button later on in the form. The form is getting passed along via e-mail to several different people and by the time it reaches the person that needs to use the submit button to e-mail back to the person originally selected at the beginning of the form it doesn't always use the correct e-mail address. It will revert and to the default address that it's supposed to go to if there is something wrong with an address (like it no longer exists or something like that). Is there something that I should be looking for to correct this problem? The scripts for the radio button selection are on Enter. Should they be something else possibly? Also, it doesn't seem to happen all the time.
Thanks for your help!
It is difficult to say without seeing the form. However I would recommend that the radio button display the names of the people, but that you would then go to the Object > Binding palette and set the value of each radio button to each person's email address.
This means that you can then access the rawValue of the radio button exclusion group and use that in your email script. There is an example that shows the basics with numbers: https://acrobat.com/#d=qE1IszHcL6589QQYB7ceGg.
This should make the script easier. See some email solutions here: http://assure.ly/fiTm2i
Hope that helps,
That was somewhat helpful, but things aren't totally working yet. I've put a link to the file here. Where the problem comes in is when switch between being a VCR approved center or not at the top of the form. The Submit to Grant Specialist buttons don't always work. Sometimes it will go the default/backup e-mail address, sometimes to the specialist selected.
Hopefully people don't need to switch between the two that often, but in the event that they do, I'd like to have this work correctly. Thanks
I just had a quick look at the form and I see that you are using the "enter" event to change the email address, this could mean that a user is selecting one of the radio buttons, and then in the process of filling in the rest of the form, they "enter " another radio button and hence run you code and change the email address unexpectedly.
To solve this I would move the code to run on the "click" event as this should not be triggered by accident.
hope this helps
I made the switch, but that didn't seem to help. Now sometimes it works, other times it goes to the default e-mail, or it reverts back to a previously selected name which out actually switching the radio button selection.