Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit Button to submit xml data of form to a server folder

Level 1

I have Livecycle ES2 vs 9 on Windows 7.

I have created a form that our users will fill out in adobe reader. I would like them to be able to hit the submit button and it send the xml data to a specified folder on our server.

I created a submit button from from the generic "button", chose to use as a "submit" control type, then entered the servers url as http://<my server name>:<Open Port>/<Folder name on the server>/

I chose to submit as XML data

When I test the button, a box willl pop up saying "Preparing for submit..." then immediatley changes to "Receiving Data".

The problem is that the box freezes on "receiving Data" but I do not need to receive data, I just need to dump the xml data to the folder on my server.

I have used a variety of urls with and without the port#, or without the http: but with backslashes but get the error "An error occurred during the submit process. There was a problem connecting to the server."  I feel the latest URL with the port# is at least closer by trying to communicate with the server.

Not sure what I am missing but I have seen in other forums where some have used PHP code or a servlet but I have no experience with either and the forums did not cover the scripting and where it needs to be placed.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

As far as I know you canit simply write a file to the server using HTTP protocol. If your server was set up as an FTP server you coudl use the FTP protocol (but Acrobat does not support that). You can post the file to a server program (as you mentioned a servlet or JSP or whatever your server supports) and it can in turn write it to your server location.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 1

Thank you, just for clarification, if I set up the server as ftp, I can use the ftp protocol? or does Acrobat/Livecycle not support the ftp protocol?

Former Community Member

Acrobat does NOT support the FTP protocol (as far as I know).

Paul