Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

submit button to return a completed form as a pdf attachment

Former Community Member

Win XP SP3

LiveCycle ES 8.2

I’ve created a submit button to return a completed form as a pdf attachment (see http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_How_do_I_change_the__Email_Submit__button_so_it_wi-16533.html “Use a regular form button”) but the fields in the filled & submitted form that arrives in me inbox are editable e.g. I can alter or delete what’s been entered.

This form will be accessed through a link on the organisation’s website & will open in a browser, rather than in reader itself.

How can I set the form so that once it’s been submitted the fields become uneditable? This needs to be something that I do to the form before it’s uploaded to the site so as to make it as simple as possible for the people filling it in.

TIA

2 Replies

Employee

You can put a Signature Field on the Form and set the Property to lock the form Fields after signing.

So once the form is signed and submitted it cannot be edited.

~Pranav

Former Community Member

Thanks pranavj,

do you know if there's any way of setting the submit button to automatically sign before actually submitting? Java Script, maybe (though I wouldn't know how)?