Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit botton issue

Level 1

Hi. 

I added the "submit" button to my form, but adobe generates a default message to the body of the email and the recipient email. how do I customize it or eliminate it? see the message below: 

Form Returned: MS-New Hire Checklist-color.pdf 

The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data. 

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Here is a sample: https://acrobat.com/#d=JXrO*Eb8bm9jtqFWwxYmsA

On the form there are three email buttons.

Acrobat.png

The first one is a standard button (set to 'regular' type in the Object > Field tab), with a custom script in the click event. This gives you full control over the email recipients, subject line and message. This is probably the approach that will suit you.

The second button is a button, with the type set to 'submit' type in the Object > Field tab. This will just give a standard email message.

The third button is what you already have on your form, a submit button.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Niall,

Thank you for the information. I tried to use the "submit by email" button but I do not have the "submit" tab as indicated on the "help" section of LC Designer. I only have the "field" tab.

This is why I had to use the "submit" only button.

would you happen to know why I dont have the submit tab?

Level 10

Hi,

From the Object Library you can drag different buttons onto the canvas.

If you drag a regular button, it will only have a Field tab:

Parallels Desktop1.png

You can change this to a submit button by selecting the control type, which will give you the Submit tab. Same button, just different control:

Parallels Desktop1.png

The other type of button you can use is a 'Submit by Email" button, which has all of the inputs on the Field tab:

Parallels Desktop1.png

The first button (regular button) is great for building a custom script for all sorts of functions, such as sending emails using data that the user has filled in (eg dynamic at runtime).

The other two are good for standard/hardwired solutions, where you just provide the standard email address at design time.

I hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Nial,

I hope you can help me with my problem. I sent myself a PDF file to my email and opened it with ADOBE pro. I started working on the file with LiveCycle and then accidently I pressed the X button to close it. The program asked me if I want to save the file and I said "yes" but it never asked me to save it in a specific folder and now I cannot retrieve it. Do you know where it was saved?

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

Two possible options:

• Open the email and the attachment and select save as from the file menu. Then look at the default folder your email client places attachments. It is likely that your form is in there.
  • Do a system wide search for the full file name of the email attachment.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

Hi Nial,

Thanks for the information but I still don't understand how I can REMOVE the automatic pre-filled email body that is populated when I press the "submit" button. Please see attached print screen.

Level 10

Hi,

I can't check at the moment, but on the sample form the first 'submit' button is based on custom script, which allows you to provide a custom email message.

The second and third buttons are examples of standard/built-in buttons which will allow you to provide a 'submit' button. However the email message will be the default one and you can't change that.

Acrobat1.png

So, if you are using the 'submit' button you cannot remove the standard message text. Delete this button and drag on a standard/regular button and then have similar javascript in the click event of the button.

Check out the script in the click event of the first button in the sample in the previous post.

Hope that helps,

Niall