Expand my Community achievements bar.

subform repeat issue

Level 3

I am using live cycle designer 8.2 -

I seem to have a persistent problem when I try to create a subform which will repeat on each occurrence of a data item that I am binding.

I can bind the data item to the subform and I can see the first data item but I cannot seem to specify the repeat option on the binding tab - it is greyed out and I cannot seem to change it .

Is this a bug - or am i doing something wrong ???

Thank you very much .

7 Replies

Level 10

You need to set the Subform to Flowed.. And also you need to save the file as Dynamic XML form.

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

hmmm .

If my subform has several fields that need to be positioned -

I suppose that I need to wrap them in a subform that is flowed -

that makes sense to me .

but I am still getting the repeat item - tab greyed out -

additionally, the pagination - tab is also greyed out -

I will continue to wrestel with it -

thanks for helping but i am still having the same problem even with a flowed subform

Level 10

Can you send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it..

Please mention where the issue is..

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Thanks Srini

;

The problem is in the second subform named changes -

I have several subforms in the PDF file and they are mostly static but there is one that can contain a variable  amount of data so I would like to bind it to each instance of the data in a n XML data file -

I can;t seem to get it to be able to repeat for each instance -

Thanks

Level 3

I would like to have the third subform start immediately after the second sub-form -

I can;t seem to get the 1st to repeat correctly - and I am not sure how to make sure that the third subform starts immediately after the second one is finished with all repetitions.

thanks

Level 3

okay  so after 17 affempts -what i am seeing is this :

1. I create a positioned subform containing the fields that I want to display. I bind each field as necessary.

2.  I wrap this positioned subform inside a flowed subform which has a binding reference to the multiply occurring item

eg : $CD.PDS_ITEMS[*}  ([*} indicates that this si a multiply occurring item ... )

at this point - it seems that the binding tab should allow you to select the repeat options.

the repeating items options check boxes , etc on the biding tab are displaying as greyed out and i can;t slect them . 

Level 10

Hi Michael,

You might have set the "Changes" Subform to be flowed..But the "Page1" subform is still set to positioned. So I set the "Page1" subform to Flowed, then the checkbox is enabled for me.

But when you set the "Page1" subform to flowed, it will alter the position of the fields that are not wrapped in a subform.

Please have a look at the heirarchy of Page1 in the attached form. I have organized all the fields inside subforms before I set the Page1 to Flowed. In the attached form, you can only see subforms under Page1. Compare it with your form.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any clarifications..

https://acrobat.com/#d=yoSSG0HClLH4yMDAKVjbiw

Thanks
Srini