Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Stop and restart screen sharing

Former Community Member

When I call stop() on the ScreenSharePublisher it seems like it's not stopped in the right way or something. If I try to start it again I get this trace:

ERROR:The Connection wasn't closed properly by abrupt killing of sharing instance.
You need to call stop screen sharing, close the client browser and addin and relaunch screen sharing again

and nothing happens. Am I missing something essential here?

private function startDesktopSharing():void {
     if (screenShare != null && !screenShare.isPublishing) {

trace("startDesktopSharing")
          screenShare.publish();
     }
}

private function stopDesktopSharing():void {
     if (screenShare != null && screenShare.isPublishing) {

trace("stopDesktopSharing");
           screenShare.stop();
     }
}

I get my traces so I know that it's not publishing when I try to publish it again at least. Can't I stop and start it again right away?

6 Replies

Level 2

Hey catherineelise,

We're getting the same issue did you get an answer for this?

Artour.

LordAlex Works Inc.

Former Community Member

No I didn't and I haven't been looking at the problem for a while. I'll keep you posted if I ever figure it out. Hope you do the same

Level 2

Well do as it says, close the browsers and try again. The connect add-in is very sensitive, if in the earlier session, you did not click on close or something else went wrong then it messes it up.

But closing the browser and starting again works OK for me on many different computers.

Level 2

Yes but we don't want the client to close the browser and start all over again, unless there's no other way of course.

Employee

Can you enable log tracing and send us the client and addin logs when the problem occurs ? The instructions are here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/786297?tstart=0

Level 2

Nevermind we changed the implementation. We added screenShare.close(); and we delete the room.

Thank you.