Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Simple calculation FormCalc syntax

Level 1

Afternoon all -

Hoping someone can help me with the formCalc syntax on an order form I'm putting together.  I'm sure this can be done relatively easily but I'm unsure if I should declare a variable and use that for further calculations, or if I'm heading in the right direction but just have the syntax incorrect.

Background: small bakery that makes pound cakes.  All of their ~30 flavors cost $25 for a whole cake, $15 for half, except for plain, which is $20 and $12, respectively. I'd like for the form to 1) detect the user's size choice, 2) detect the amount, and 3) calculate a subtotal per cake.  Additionally, I'd like to add the three subtotals boxes up to get an order total.

I'm using a drop-down list for the flavors. The Plain flavor is #29, and my non-working FormCalc code is as follows:

form1.main.totals.nbr_Total1::initialize - (FormCalc, client)

IF (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Flavor[0]==29) and (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Size==Whole)

THEN (form1.main.order_Details.totals.nbr_Total1==20) OR

IF (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Flavor[0]==29) and (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Size==Half)

THEN (form1.main.order_Details.totals.nbr_Total1==12)

END IF

IF (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Flavor[0]<>29) and (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Size==Whole)

THEN (form1.main.order_Details.totals.nbr_Total1==25) OR

IF (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Flavor[0]<>29) and (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Size==Half)

THEN (form1.main.order_Details.totals.nbr_Total1==15)

END IF

A screenshot that may makes things a little easier to understand:

http://goo.gl/Fwy3n

The working copy .pdf is available here, if that helps at all:  http://cgs2500.com/Order_form.pdf (not Reader-friendly yet)

I sincerely appreciate any help offered.  I'm not very well-versed in programming.

Thanks,

tadees

Added color to separate code

1 Reply

Level 7

the syntax should be:

if (form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Flavor[0]==29 and form1.main.order_Details.order_Details1.list_Size==Whole) then
form1.main.order_Details.totals.nbr_Total1=20

elseif .... etc

endif