Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

SharedCollection Clarification

Level 3

I'd like to clean up my rooms a bit and need some clarification on the relationship between CollectionNodes and Nodes.

Here's my problem.

I need to track several aspects of a user with SharedCollecitons. What I'd like to do is.

User_Model  - publishing

- capabilities

- status

with User_Model being the CollectionNode and the remaining items being the nodes. I would like to access each of the nodes independently in my app. for instance update. - publishing when a users clicks one button and -status when they click another.

I can't figure out how to do this. So what I have is.

Publishing_Model - itemNode

Capabilities_Model - itemNode

Status_Model - itemNode

Each with a different collectionNode to update them.

I can't see why there would be a node if I need a distinct SharedCollection to access each of them...

What am I missing?

John

1 Reply

Employee

I am not really sure I understand the problem.

Are you using the LCCS SharedCollection object or are you building a "shared" component that you call SharedCollection ?

You can build the model you are describing with a single CollectionNode and multiple Node, then you can publish an item to the specific node in the collection when a user click a particular button.

On the receiving end you'll have to listen for an ITEM_RECEIVE on the collection and dispatch the result depending on the received Node.

The "SharedModel" example seems to do what you describe. If this is not your use case you may need to explain it a little better.