Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shared queue question

Former Community Member

I have set up shared queue for user A and user B, so they can see each other user's to do list. It works well when tasks assigned to users directly. E.g. a task assigned to user A and user B can see it from user A's shared queue. But if a task assigned to a group and user A claimed it and now the task is on user A's to do list. In this case, user B cannot see and claim the task from user A's shared queue. Why user B cannot see the claimed task from user A's list if the task is claimed from a group list? Is it possible to config the workflow so user B can see the claimed task? Thanks.

10 Replies

Level 3

This is working as expected. There are no acls (access control list) on items in group queues so when A claims it, B can no longer see it.  If user B is a member of the same group then user A can return the task to the group queue and user B can then claim it.

Hope that helps.

Former Community Member

so shared queue can only share the task assign to user directly, if task is claimed from group, then user cannot share it via the shared queue?

Level 3

Not really. User can share the claimed task if they share their queue with other users. :-)

Former Community Member

The problem I am having is User A shared his queue with User B, but when User A claimed a task from group, the task is in User A's queue, it seems User B can't see it from the shared queue. As User A shared his queue with User B, I think User B should see it from the shared queue. What can I do to make User B see the claimed task from the shared queue. Thanks.

Level 2

The task must be configured with the setting "Add ACL for shared queue". If this option is not turned on, the task can not be shared in a shared queue. This is turned on in the Task Access Control List section of the properties for the Assign Task. Can you confirm that this option is turned on for the task you are claiming from the group queue?

Former Community Member

In searching for an answer to the issue, it would seem I see the same result as the original poster. I have two user steps each wtih ACL for shared queues added. Step 1 is assigned to a group that both A and B are members of. A claims the item. Step 2 is assigned directly to A. A's queue is shared with B. B can see the item from step 2, but not the one from step 1.

Where this came up in a real world issue, a member of the group claimed an item then left on vacation. That user's queue is shared with another member of the group, but the item cannot be accessed.

Former Community Member

Response: Works as designed, tasks claimed from a group queue cannot be shared.It was confirmed this behaviour is the same in ES3.

I asked that this be made an enhancement request.

Level 4

We also are having problems with this.  When sharing a queue, items should appear to other users but do not.  Is this something we can fix by working on various settings or is it something that Livecycle currently doesn't provide?

Our workspace is version 10.0.2.

Also, I wish someone would fix this forum so that copy & paste worked in ie10 ....