Expand my Community achievements bar.

setInstance and XML submit

Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I have a form where I use setInstance on some of the pages through out the filling of the form. When I am finished filling out the form I need to submit all my data. However when I use a submit button I only get the xml of the last page submitted. How can I get the form to submit the xml of the entire page and not just the last page?

I guess that I could use some kind of global variable, however I don't know how to merge the xml from all the pages I pass throughout the filling of the form.

I hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish - however if you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you using a schema to define your data structure? Does the schema allow multiple values for those elements? If you are not getting all of the data in the form then that is usually a sign of incorrect binding.

Paul

Level 8
Level 8

Hi again Paul,

Thanks for your swift reply.

There is no schema on the form - is this required for reaching the wanted behaviour of the form?

My form really looks like some kind of wizard where I turn on and off each page as I click "Next" or "Back". I hope you catch my drift?

Thanks in advance

SIncerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Are you using a schema to define your data structure? Does the schema allow multiple values for those elements? If you are not getting all of the data in the form then that is usually a sign of incorrect binding.

Paul

Former Community Member

No it is not required but if it is there it can affect what is happening ......can you send the form to LievCycle8@gmail.com and I wil have a look when I get a chnace. Please include a description of the issue in your email.

Paul