Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send and Print button won't work once the form is online with Chrome navigator

Level 1

I created a form with Adobe Live Cycle Designer 4, everything works fine, but when I put my PDF file online, several problems appear:

Form opened in Chrome : Print and Send buttons don't work anymore

Form opened with Internet Explorer 11 : Buttons with choices by default stop being modifiable.

Is their a fix to this problem? What is the correct way to register a PDF file and put it online so it will be compatible with every Navigator (most cummons navigators at least)?

Thank you in advance

3 Replies

Level 1

Thank you for this information.

It did party fix the problem with chrome.

Although I was trying to find a way to make the XFA form available to anyone on any fairly recent version of the most communly used browsers without applying fixes for proper readability.

The Article on the bottoms seems the be the answer to my question:

LiveCycle ES4 provides support for rendering XFA-based forms into HTML5 such that the forms can be opened in browsers with HTML5 support, including those running on mobile devices like iPad. The HTML5 rendition of the forms maintains the layout of the form design and supports most form logic (such as JavaScript, form calc, and form validations) embedded in the XFA form template. This way, your technology investments in XFA forms are carried over easily to devices where running of the Adobe Reader plugin is not feasible.

I am a new user to Live Cycle, how can I transfer my PDF form to HTML5? I do not see this option in Adobe Live Cycle?
Would you happen to know any useful introduction tutorial for this matther?

Thank you in advance for the followup.

Level 7

The HTML5 feature requires the Adobe LiveCycle Server product to function properly.