Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Scope/reference problem following removeInstance?

Level 3

This is related to my other post on removeInstance. It appears there is some other/bigger problem.

To start over: I have a repeatable subform with Add and Delete buttons. After clicking on either button, I want to total a particular numeric field from each existing subform (I know this isn't necessary for an Add event but bear with me). I have put the totaling code in a Function (DoTotal) within a Script Object  (named Locals) so its common code.

Upon Add Click:

addInstance();

Locals.DoTotal(); // Works Fine!

Upon Delete Click

removeInstance(integer);

Locals.DoTotal(); // JS Debugger says "Locals is not defined"

Thanks for any ideas!

3 Replies

Level 3

Another observation to this question:

I have a script within the indexChange event. The script code is executed every time I click the Add button within any instance of the repeatable subform and almost every time I click the Delete (removeInstance) button.

The indexChange does NOT fire when I click Delete on the last/most recently created instance of the subform.

Is this normal??? I can't find any documentation to describe this behavior.

If someone could point me to the correct documentation I would sure appreciate it

Thanks!!

Level 10

Yes, the help of Designer states "Keep in mind that the indexChange event does not fire when deleting the last row of a table.".

As a table nothing else as a set of subforms, this behavior also takes effect for regular subforms.

Link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000764.html