Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving content entered in a form created in LiveCycle Designer

Level 1

If I create a form with expandable fields in Live Cycle Designer, what program does the reader need to have to read the form, enter content and save the form? 

3 Replies

Level 1

You can create the form in LiveCycle Designer, save it as a static PDF form, then open it in Acrobat and Select save as other, Select Reader Extended PDF then Select Enable more tools (includes form fill-in & save)...  This will allow other people to fill in the form and save/send the form were ever they want to.  I hope this helps you.

Level 1

thank you!  so i follow those steps, the user would be able to open it, enter content, save it and send it back to me with Adobe Reader?

I am making an application for a contest and I do not know what software will be availabel to the contestats on their personal computers.  I dont' want to purchase LiveCycle Designer ( which I only need becuse I need the expandable text box feature) if the end user will not be able to complete the form unless they have a certain program.

Level 1

You can also add a Email submit button and program it with a Email Address and Email subject.