Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Save and later pre-load a whiteboard

Former Community Member

Folks-

Is it possible to save a whiteboard and later load it back in for continued work?  If it is, what are the major steps?

Thanks much-

Matt

PS-I did search this forum, and the three threads that seemed to ask the same question were unanswered.

4 Replies

Employee

Well, if you configure the whiteboard CollectionNode to persist the state between sessions you should be able to do that.

I think by default the whiteboard is configured to be "session dependent" (all items are deleted when the room ends)

Former Community Member

The way that we handled it is to serialize the whiteboard objects to XML. Then we can store it on our server or load it back in later.

Employee

You dont have to do anything, as the whiteboard would save the state. Are you sure you are subscribing to the right whiteboard. I suspect that you are creating a new whiteboard each time you login and hence losing your state. Try debugging your app with the dev console (inside LCCS SDK Navigator app)

Also as Raff mentioned, its possible that the nodes are not persistent, and their settings could be changed too using the dev console.

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

Yup, either approach can work - for saving it on the service, just make sure sessionDependentItems is true for all nodes of the whiteboard (in the room console). If you want to save the whiteboard "offline", then you can iterate through the SharedWhiteBoard.model and save them in whatever way makes sense :

http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/acrobatcom/com/adobe/coreUI/controls/whiteboardClasses/WBModel.html

nigel