to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Rich text fields, field locking, and form saving/re-opening

robdev
Level 2
Level 2

I have a LiveCycle form that has 2 text fields (email and info) and a button. When the button is pressed, the 2 text fields are set readonly and the button is set hidden. A rich text field is populated to provide a mailto link using the email and info text fields:

form1.firstpage.HyperlinkSF.rtField.value.exData.loadXML(sRichText, false, true);

This appears to work fine, but when I save the form and re-open it, the readonly fields are now editable and the button has re-appeared. If I remove the functionality associated with the rich text hyperlink, the form correctly re-opens with the readonly fields set readonly and the button is not visible.

Any idea why populating a rich text field is affecting the form state on saving/re-opening?

2 Replies
_Bruce_Robertson
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I don't think your problem is directly related to populating a rich text field, at least I haven't had a problem doing this.  Here's an example of updating rich text Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Programmatically updating Rich Text (or xHTML) and this one Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Adding values in a form to an email

Is it possible that you add a link to your form in this thread, so we can have a look.

Regards

Bruce

robdev
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you Bruce for your very helpful links.

I see that I had incorrectly formed the rich text body tag. I had omitted:

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/"

I had also been unable to get the &body= of the mailto working, and see that I should have had & as in:

var sURL = "mailto:" + sTo + "?subject=" + sSubject + "\&body=" + sBody;

All appears to work as expected. Great links. Thanks!

Robin