Expand my Community achievements bar.

Receiving error message when clicking on Adobe Forms Library in Sharepoint

Former Community Member

I have set up the Sharepoint connector, integrated with LiveCycle, and I am able to run a small process that results in a flattened PDF form being stored into the Sharepoint repository.

I have know downloaded and deployed the Sharepoint sample that comes with LiveCycle and configured the process as stated in the Adobe Blog.  The issue that I am having is when I click on the link, in Sharepoint, that will open up the Adobe Forms Library I am getting the following error message:

Error 

The base type 'AdobeLCFormsIntgr.AllItems' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. 

Correlation ID: 501978bd-6e7c-45b2-ab72-3e8d57f27703

Date and Time: 8/1/2012 3:37:06 PM

I have googled this and the only thing that I can find is that this may have something to do with the Web Part that we deployed.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Barry Graham

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I haven't faced this issue. But, if you are getting it, you can try to use the prcedure for registering a webpart as safe control mentioned on the microsoft site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd584160.aspx . Open this link in a browser and go to the heading "Register your Web Part as a Safe Control".

You can use the below

<SafeControl

Assembly="AdobeLCFormsIntgr, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6720cbcc342f4ca4"

Namespace="AdobeLCFormsIntgr"

TypeName="*"

Safe="True"

/>

Former Community Member

Hello Mr. Gakhar,

I believe these manual steps should not be needed after the successful installation of Connector. I had the connector installed on sharepoint server without any errors and still getting the above error, after registering the FormsLibrary as SafeControl, I still get the endpoint error as follows when I try to add the new form in Forms Library.

Following Error occured while Rendering Form Integration Webpart - [Could not find endpoint element with name 'MSSharePointConfigService' and contract 'MSSharePointConfigService.MSSharePointConfigService' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this name could be found in the client element.]. InnerException - []

At the conclusion, if there are some manual steps needed after the installation of Connector, can you please provide me a link to it? I really don't feel like going this route of manually changing things as opposed to installer doing this as part of deployment process.

Please advise.

Former Community Member

Upon installation of the LiveCycle connector for SharePoint Web Part on the SharePoint 2010 server, some settings are added to the web.config file of the web application on whose site collection you activate the livecycle feature.

The error that you are getting Could not find endpoint element with name 'MSSharePointConfigService' and contract 'MSSharePointConfigService.MSSharePointConfigService' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. clearly says that you don't have the LiveCycle Settings in the web.config file. So, you might have missed some step while installation of the connector web part.

Please follow the documentation link http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/10.0/InstallJBoss/WS0b373c8e7f652f14-ec6026513078376af3-8000.h... for properly installing the connector web part on sharepoint server. For activating the connector feature on multiple site collections you can follow http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2012/06/activating-adobe-livecycle-connector-feature-on-multiple-si...