Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Reader extensions option

Level 2

We recently purchased Livecycle ES4 and was wondering how to the set the pdf with reader extensions, there dont seem to be an option available of which It was readily available in our copy of Acrobat 9.

Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You mentioned that you already purchased LiveCycle ES4, is this incorrect?  Or are you saying you purchase LiveCycle Designer ES4?  If you purchased Designer then Acrobat would be the right solution for you

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

If you purchased LiveCycle server then you should be able to use the server UI to extended the PDF.  You can also have an automated process extended it or you could also use Launchpad.  If you refer to the documentation it has instructions on using each of these paths.  You can also use Acrobat and use the File>Save as other to reader extend the PDF but it has restrictions so ensure you read the license restrictions.

Level 2

Thanks TundraSteve

We are a organisation with only 40 employees, and in the past have extended the rights in pdf forms to allow our staff to fill in test results and save the completed form to the server. The most the form would be accesed is probably only on 4 occasions before it is stored on our server for future reference purposes if required. All documentation is internal and cannot be accessed by anybody outside of our organisation and any form that is sent out to a client would be locked down and not have reader extensions enabled.

Being a small organistaion, I can assume that the path of using Acrobat 9 would be prefered as enabling the option in LiveCycle is not cost effective or worthwhile?

Many thanks

Correct answer by
Level 8

You mentioned that you already purchased LiveCycle ES4, is this incorrect?  Or are you saying you purchase LiveCycle Designer ES4?  If you purchased Designer then Acrobat would be the right solution for you

Level 2

Apologies i miss quoted myself.

We have LiveCycle Designer ES4.

Would this also explain that having LC Designer is the reason why digital signatures do not work when I test the pdf form?

Level 8

Designer has nothing to do with signatures working or not working.  If you're using Acrobat then the signatures will work if you place a signature field on the form.  If you're using Reader then the form needs to be Reader Extended.

Level 2

Thanks again for your feedback.

The problem im having is when i add a signature field to a new form, i receive no prompt about sigining the document when I test the form in the 'preview pdf' function.

Level 8

It's likely that you have Adobe Reader or some Reader equivalent as the default PDF viewer and since the form is not Reader Extended the signature won't appear within preview