Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader 10 vs 9.1 scripting error

Level 7

Hi,

I have created a complex form that has a lot of interdependencies and calculation scripts. The target version is set to "Reader 9.1. or later". I had a user get an error on a  FormCalc script on the preOpen event of a dropdown box.

The error message appears to indicate trouble accessing (looking up) values in a table where all the rows are named "Row" and all the cells are named "Cell" and an addItem(), "for/do" script to populate the dropdown box. I posted this issue a few weeks back and tried a suggestion of using a more complete SOM (including: ..Row[index].Cell[index].value.float.value) which again ran without error for me, but unfortunately not for this user.

I have used this preOpen, addItem(), "for/do" scripting technique reliably in the past and this error was something I had never experienced. I had the user to upgrade to Reader 10 (from 9.1) and this fixed the problem. I am getting reports of the same error by other users, and I will have them all upgrade, of course.

Looking at the Release Notes for both versions 9.1 and 10, I find nothing remotely related to this issue--and I have used the exact same scripting technique that has worked perfectly in the past with all users . In fact, this same user doesn't get the error on other similar preOpen scripts. And, besides, the target version is set to "Reader 9.1. or later".

Obviously the work-around is Reader 10. But, I'd like to understand why the error in 9.1 and why does 10 fix it?

Anyone have knowledge of this?

Thanks,

Stephen

1 Reply

Former Community Member

It woudl be difficult to say without seeing the form in action. Can you share it? If not can you email it to me at LiveCycle8@gmail.com and please include a description on how to reproduce the issue in the email and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul