Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radio Button exclusionGroup borderColor change

Level 2

Hello,

Presently I'm using JavaScript (mouseEnter) to change the border.edge.present of the exclGroup as the pointer goes over one of the exclGroup's radio button:

this.resolveNode("exclGroupName").border.edge.presence = "invisible";

But with 4+ radio buttons x 32 Groups, the process activity (as indicated by the hour-glass) on the form is unnecessarily busy as compared to a way of doing just the border changing of the exclusionGroup. I've tried going into XML and placing:

<event activity="mouseEnter" name="event__mouseEnter">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

this.("exclGroup").border.edge.presence = "invisible";

</script>

</event>

...to no avail. Though the event does then appear in the 'Events and Scripts' drop down menu without the #fields.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

John

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi John,

As you probably know, the radio exclusion group does not have a mouseEnter or mouseExit event. I don't think it is a good idea to force this by adding it directly in the XML.

You could put the script in the mouseEnter/mouseExit events of the individual radio buttons, but the group border would appear and disappear as the user hovers over different buttons in the group. Probably not what you are after.

Maybe if you are trying to highlight the current radio button group you could change the caption to a different colour or underline it on mouseEnter.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Hey Niall,

Thanks for your answer. The highlighting of the exclusionGroup is during form validation (so any Group of 4 radio buttons not having a selection made is highlighted). So I've just gone with using the mouseEnter event on all 4 radio button to return the exclGroup boder back to invisible.

Thanks again,

John