Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

"User Entered - Required" Question

Level 2

Hello All,

I am working on a form currently and have a question.

About a month ago, I made a quote template that our employees just have to enter data that changes from quote to quote.  How I had it was things that changed from time to time, I put as a "User Entered - Required" Value Type so that it would display a red box around the fields that required data entry.

Well here is the problem...sometime from a month ago to now, that red box has disapeared to any and every damn template that I have made.  And not only that, but when I start over from scratch, the red box is also not available.

Another thing to note is that when setting a regular non-required field appearance to none, it doesnt even dispay that faint light blue box where the field is on the actual pdf form.

So im not sure if maybe I clicked a property or option or something to disable this, but I would really like to have these features back.

If all else fails, there has to be a way to restore livecycle to its default propeties correct?  If so, then how?  I know for MS Word i could just delete the registry files for it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

1 Reply

Level 2

Okay I backed up the entire adobe registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe

And then I deleted the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Designer

Well that did nothing but mess up my workspace and palette locations.  So I restored the registry with the backup I made.

So next I figured it must be an Acrobat setting, so instead of searching through the options trying to find it, I then deleted the registry located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat

And what do you know, it worked like a charm!!! I didnt have any important settings in Acrobat anyways

Now those wondering how I made the red box disappear because you dont like it, dont ask because I have no idea LMAO