Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Pushing through form updates and revisions to multiple forms

Former Community Member

HI there - I would like to know if there is an easier way to do this:

I've created a form that I send out to the users which they add their info and send back monthly. On occasion, I need to update the template form for new ideas or changes to the structure of the form. So far, I've been updating each form individually: Export data to xml, import data to new form template, extend reader rights to form and save as. Is there a way to push the updated template to these multiple forms without doing each one individually?

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Unless you get the users to "pull" the form (like publishing it to a web site) you will not be able to do it.

Paul

Former Community Member

If that's the only way, then let me ask this question:

After  the user pulls my updated form from our intranet, is there an easy way  (for the user) to pull the data from their old form and import to the  new form, using Reader?

Former Community Member

They can export data from teh old and import to the new ......it is not automated but it can be done. Also if they are using Reader you will have to Reader Extend the fom to allow it. Acrobat users will not have an issue exporting and importing data.

Paul

Former Community Member

I was not able to find a way in Reader to import data. Do you know how? I know it is possible in Acrobat, but the users only have Reader.

Former Community Member

Thats where the Reader Extensions comes in ...once you reader extend that same Forms menu that you used in Acrobat is enabled in Reader. Note that the functionality required can only be set in Reader Extensions server not in Acrobat.

Paul

Former Community Member

Ahh...I had no idea there was a whole program devoted to reader extensions. I'll

look into that. Thanks for your help...I may be back.

Former Community Member

Is there a way to do this without spending $60K?