Expand my Community achievements bar.

Protect multiple objects

Level 1

Running LC es4, on Win 7 OS.  Created PDF form field by field, did NOT import or start with an existing file.  NOTE:  in order to activate multiple digital signature lines, I opened the file in Acrobat and saved as other formats, Extended reader rights-MORE to enable the multiple signatures AND enable users to save data entered uinto a new file.

I have several objects, image and text, NOT text fields; which I wish to remove from tabbing order.  Searching the forum revelaed that I need to set these objects to protected mode.  However, I can't find a way to set the protect property.  Is this an OPTION Setting on the object or does it require scripting to remove the object from the tabbing order?

Multiple threads indicate that images and text objects should NOT allow users to edit, and this is true in the PDF, however upon initial opening, the form insertion point is poistioned on the form name.  I have a temporary work around, I reordered tabbing, placing all undesired objects at the end of the tabbing order.

Again my question:   I can't find a way to set the protect property on either the text or the image object.  Is this an OPTION Setting on the object or does it require scripting to remove this object from the tabbing order?

Thanks for any guidance anyone might offer.  I am hoping there is just an option setting on some pallette I haven't yet found.

0 Replies