Expand my Community achievements bar.

Prompt "Thank you" message after submit

Level 4

Hi folks,

I would like to prompt the user with the "Thank you for submitting your information to us" message after the form has been submitted appropriately to the server.

1. I don't have PostSubmit event, how can I do it without

2. I also want to make sure that the form processing in the server-side was OK, how can I send back to the form some flag that say it that the server did it's job good or not.

Actually I want to do it as a transaction.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Yair Nevet

5 Replies

Former Community Member

You can return a reply from the server after it recieves the submission (no different than a web page). Typically you will send it back as soon as the data is recieved on the server, that way the user can move on if there are any problems with processing. You can wait until after the transaction runs but if there are any issues with the transaction (think hanging or system not  responding) then the user gets no feedback at all. Most people will send back a message indicating that the server recieved the transmission and will use a different means of communication for exception handling (think email).

Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul

Level 4

Dear Paul,

How can I receive the status response from the server in the PDF form, what is the method?

Thank you,

Yair

Former Community Member

That is standard servlet handling ...it is no different than responding when an HTML page

submits to a server.

paul

Level 4

Hi,

Look, I know its a servlet, I'm using one. But there is some method to returning the process status(Success, failed) from the server back to the PDF?

Thanks,

Yair

Former Community Member

How is the servlet calling the process Soap? .....is it a long lived process? If so you can make a soap call to get the status of the process.

Paul