Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems with XDP with a pdf created in LiveCycle

Level 1

I am trying to populate a fillable pdf form that was created in Adobe LiveCycle using data from MS Access. I have been able to write the data to an XDP file.

However, when I open the XDP (in Adobe Pro) the data isn't populated in the fields. It also doesn't populate if I import the XDP file into the pdf (using Adobe Pro). I tried both with href to refer to the pdf as well as chunk (I used an online converter to convert the utf-8 in the source XML file to base64). In the chunk (base 64 case), the form itself doesn't actually load.

Important info: I didn't create the original pdf and it has some security restrictions that are password protected (Not allowed: Changing the document, Document Assembly, Page Extraction, Creation of Template Pages). I don't (and users won't) have access to Adobe LiveCycle. I tried printing to Adobe pdf to convert it to a pdf type I could work with in Adobe Pro (which I do have), but the file is encrypted. Do the security restrictions prevent me from being able to accomplish this at all or am I missing something? Documentation seems scarce so I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

0 Replies