Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Problems using Preview PDF

Former Community Member

Just recently any new document that I create will not allow me test in preview mode. When I go to preview mode and try to complete the form it will not allow me to fill in the form fields. The cursor will not go into any form field area.

I have found that if I create a new blank form and check the boxes to add e-mail and print buttons then it will allow me to use preview mode. If I do not check these boxes it will not go to preview mode. (It used to work just fine that way.)

I've checked the heirarchy both with the boxes checked and not checked. The heirarchy is the same - form 1, master pages, page1, untilted content, untitles subform (page1), (referenced objects)

Please help I've been trying for hours to figure this out! See attached sample. I'm using Designer ES 8.2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the File/Form Properties menu and then in the Preview options change the preview type to "Interactive".

18-11-2009 22-30-41.png

The preview should work then.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the File/Form Properties menu and then in the Preview options change the preview type to "Interactive".

18-11-2009 22-30-41.png

The preview should work then.

Good luck,

Niall