Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with Time calculation

Level 1

I too am a newbie to Designer and am creating a timesheet.  We have Designer version 7.0.041126.0.  The problem that I run into is that single digit hours (like 8:00 am) do not show formatted on my sheet nor do they calculate correctly.  The example dynamic-timesheet that Steve L. Walker (Adobe employee) attached 17Apr2009 in his response to Becky (Re: Time Sheet with Date Calc - Example please) exhibits this same unusual behavior for me.  If I enter a two digit hour (like 10:00 am) it works fine.  However, single digit hours do not calculate correctly...e.g. if I enter any time from 1am to 9am as the start time and 12pm as the end time, it always leaves the number unformatted and shows the calculation as 17 hours worked.  But, if I change the start time to 10am and leave the end time at 12pm, it correctly calculates 2 hours.  I am using the same calculation and display pattern that Steve has in his dynamic-timesheet example.  BTW, with his dynamic-timesheet example, I get "amIn validate failed" when I enter a single digit time such as 8, 8:00, 800, etc. into the AM IN field.

Is this a bug with version 7.0?

Rick

3 Replies

Level 6

Try using 24 hour (or military) format.

eg. 7AM = 0700

Level 1

Thanks...I did try that with no success (see the next-to-last sentence of my original post).

Rick

Level 6

24 hour format resolves the amIn validate message and format and calculate correctly.