Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Problem with formcalc code not properly executing in a dynamic table

critski
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a table which has a sub total field in it with the following code:

if(Table2.Row1[*].level eq 1) then

Table2.FooterRow[0].Cell6 = Sum(Table2.Row1[*].shortdays)* 168.30*(Table2.Row1[*].staffrequired);

elseif (Table2.Row1[*].level eq 2)then

Table2.FooterRow[0].Cell6 = Sum(Table2.Row1[*].shortdays)* 176.33*(Table2.Row1[*].staffrequired);

elseif (Table2.Row1[*].level eq 3)then

Table2.FooterRow[0].Cell6 = Sum(Table2.Row1[*].shortdays)* 188.30*(Table2.Row1[*].staffrequired);

elseif (Table2.Row1[*].level eq 4)then

Table2.FooterRow[0].Cell6 = Sum(Table2.Row1[*].shortdays)* 269.35*(Table2.Row1[*].staffrequired);

endif

The problem i am having is that when i add a new line the formula above only takes the staffrequired field value from the first row not any subsequent row.  I can't work out exactly what I am doing wrong as apart from this issue it seems to be working fine.

2 Replies
whyisthisme
Level 7
Level 7

you need to put "Sum()" around Table2.Row1[*].staffrequired as you have for shortdays

critski
Level 1
Level 1

I tried that just now and it seems to work.  The only issue is that now if i go back and change staff required to 0 in a previous line it still adds the number of days up  from both lines.  I think I probably need to change to javascript so that it calculates each row independently then totals at the bottom but not too sure how to do that