Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Printing unseen text

Level 2

How do you print all the text of a text field, even the text not seen?  FYI: The field is 'allow multiple lines".

Thanks.

6 Replies

Level 10

You need to set the Subform that contains the Text Field to be Flowed.

And then the Height property for the TextField to be set to "Expand to Fit".

Save the form as Dynamic PDF File.

Try the above and let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Sini,

That works and makes the text print.  However, is there a way to have the whole document move down with the text field?  Meaning can as text is entered and expands the field, the whole document keeps moving down ----eliminating typing over other text.

What's happening is as the text is entered in the text field, it runs onto the text under it (another text field).  Thanks.

Level 1

Jmac786/Srini - I have the same question.  Is there a way to make the whole document move down with the text field?   Srini - your comment above was helpful but as Jmac pointed out the text box overlaps below text boxes instead of pushing them further down the page.

Thanks

Level 4

Yes that is possible. What you need to do is contain all of the text and the text fields in a subform that is set to Flowed. As the text field grows it will move the other elements contained inside that subform down. If an element is placed outside of that subform it will not move down. You must contain all of the elements within the subform that you set as Flowed.

Level 3

Exactly as Josh said. So you would have about 3 subforms on your Flowed page.

1st subform containing the first elements on your page. This subform can be set to positioned.

2nd subform containing the text box that you want to expand. This subform needs to be set as flowed.

3rd subform containing the next elements on your page. This subform can be set to pisitioned as well.

Then the 2nd subform will expand as needed, and bump the 3rd subform down. The first subform isn't entirely necessary: you could have your first elements in the 2nd subform above the text box. I just find it cleaner and more flexible for the placement of items if I use 3 subforms. This is a personal choice, however.

Level 1

Josh/Geneveve - Thanks for the help.  This worked perfectly